For you to know that a relative requires an alcohol rehab facility, the following signs might be evident among others:
- Avoiding going to work
- Having sleepless nights
- Taking alcohol all day long
- Having nausea
- Losing a sense of memory
At this stage of denial, people tend to make mistakes of refusing to go to rehabs. You should, therefore, find a healing process as fast as possible. These people also will not accept their loved one’s needs so that they can treat them in a better way. To get a victim to an alcohol rehab facility, you must have reasons behind it. This is how you should go about the process.
- The relative need to connect emotionally with their own future possibilities of recovery. The person should be told and also assured that his or her normal situation will be restored as soon as possible. This gives the patient motivation and willingness to attend rehab.
- Plan to consult a drug rehab facility in order to get a strategy in place. In order to get the relative to a drug rehab facility, it is recommended that you visit the centre and get some clarifications about it. Be sure you are aware of what the facility offers and what the management stands for.
- Do not blame candidate over their past. The relative should not be guilty over what had happened in the past that keep them lingered in the struggles of the present. This will make them forget what triggered them to start using alcohol.
- Don’t wait until your relative has destroyed his or her life before you intervene. There are some cases that are beyond repair. At this state, one cannot accept to share anything with anybody simply because they are in great denial. Therefore, after discovering that someone is using alcohol, it is advisable to take immediate action to start a recovery process.
- In case of resistance, commit the relative involuntarily. Here the court should come in. This happens when the person becomes more violent hence taken to court. The court, therefore, orders the person to be taken to a rehab facility for rehabilitation. The relative will be taken to the rehab without his or her consent.
- Accept before them that you know nothing about their addiction status. You should not show the affected person that you know their[U1] current situation. Make him or she knows that what you know is from your direct observation. The person will, therefore, be ready to disclose to you what has happened to his or her life.
- Have video evidence to the contrary that will bring them to reality. Take videos of the relative’s behaviour the time he or she is a drunkard. Then present it to the person after he or she becomes normal. This will prevent the person from denying the way he was when drug and also get his true picture.
In addition to that, to get a relative to an alcohol rehab facility should be a decision that will keep his family healthy, happy and intact.